“Decorate” your holiday social schedule with the third annual Gingerbread Stroll through Saturday, November 30 at Highland Park Village. Attendees will stroll between 13 Highland Park Village merchant’s shops where they can admire and silently bid on ornately decorated gingerbread houses, crafted by 12 of Dallas’ premiere pastry chefs. All proceeds from the Gingerbread Stroll will benefit Wipe Out Kids’ Cancer.
Dallas residential real estate agent Christine McKenny founded the Gingerbread Stroll in 2011, with the hopes of bringing the community together to raise funds for local children’s charities. Each year, a different charity is selected as the beneficiary of 100 percent of the proceeds, and in 2012, the Stroll raised more than $8,000 for Community Partners of Dallas. Community Leader Lynn McBee serves as the event advisor for the Gingerbread Stroll.
“The Gingerbread Stroll has become a wonderful tradition during the most wonderful time of the year,” said McKenny. “People of all ages gather with their family and friends to attend, and it’s always fun to see how the chefs express themselves creatively. Everyone loves a gingerbread house!”
This year’s Gingerbread Stroll attendees can enter to win giveaway prizes, including a holiday carriage ride for six by Threejays Carriages, an overnight Stay at Four Seasons Resort and Club, an overnight Stay at Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, or an overnight Stay at The Ritz-Carlton. Attendees also have an opportunity to purchase gingerbread cookies from Celebrity Bakery and a portion of the proceeds will benefit Community Partners of Dallas.
Some of Dallas’ finest chefs who will be producing these festive masterpieces include:
- Celebrity Café & Bakery | Decorator Jamie Eckert
- Fine Arts Concepts | Joy Lynn
- Four Seasons Resort and Club, Cafe on the Green | Pastry Chef Randy Gehman & Hayoung Lesser
- Hilton Anatole | Pastry Sous Chef Kristina Kent
- Hyatt Regency Dallas at Reunion | Pastry Chef Saju Meppidayil & Executive Chef Hermann Hiemeyer
- Omni Dallas Hotel | Pastry Chef Kristina Kent
- Remington College Pastry Arts Program | Chef Jeff Johnston & Students
- Rosewood Crescent Hotel | Pastry Chef Carly Fields
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek | Pastry Chef Nicolas Blouin
- Royal Oaks Country Club | Executive Chef Wade Burch CEC
- The Ritz-Carlton, Dallas | Pastry Chef Corey Thomson
- Tom Thumb | Gingerbread House Creator Sherry Barnard
Merchants showcasing the gingerbread houses include, Beretta Gallery, Carolina Herrera, Celebrity Café & Bakery, Cole Haan, Deno’s of Highland Park, ESCADA, Kiehl's Since 1851, Lela Rose, Robert Talbott Carmel, SCOOP NYC, Trina Turk, Tom Thumb, Village Barber Shop, Village Kitchen and TOKO V.
Sponsors of the event include, McKenny Residential Real Estate, Dave Perry-Miller & Associates, Woolery & Associates, Provenance Builders, Southern Botanical, Digital 3 Printing, Hub International Personal Insurance, Republic Title, Wells Fargo Home Mortgage/Kim Gustafson, Highland Park Village, Haynsworth Photography, and Tom Thumb.
For more information about The Gingerbread Stroll, please visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/TheGingerbreadStroll.
Dave Perry-Miller & Associates, Realtor®
Follow McKENNY Dallas & Park Cities Real Estate on Facebook