Quite often we extend compassion to a friend when that person has experienced disappointment.
Why is it that we're harder on ourselves when we experience a negative outcome in life? Why is it so difficult to treat ourselves with kindness and support?
Practicing self-compassion leads us down a path to be our own best friend, giving ourselves understanding and compassion when we need it the most.
If you'd like to further explore self-compassion, please check out the following free videos
Preston Hollow resident, Denette Mann is a Certified Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Teacher and you can learn more about her background here.
In summary, key takeaways from practicing Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) are:
* Learn how to support yourself with kindness and reduce negative self-talk in your head
* Apply self-compassion practices to motivate yourself with encouragement
* Be able to handle overwhelming emotions with greater ease
* Learn how to calm yourself and give yourself compassion when you need it the most
* Reconnect with the values that help in finding purpose in work
* Learn inner resilience practice that can be applied to your personal and professional life.
Questions? Contact: Denette@DenetteMann.com