As many homeowners are thinking of staying in their current house, but making some changes to update,
here are some handy tips:
1. Get more than one bid - Be sure the Contractor is licensed, and beware of a "low bid".
2. Get everything in writing - verbal agreements may be forgotten or denied.
3. Make the contract SPECIFIC. Include the clean up after the project and special requests, like saving fixtures or lumber.
4. Keep a Copy of the Contract.
5. Put Change Orders in writing. As you add or change your mind about details, don't just talk about them.
6. Confirm financial terms - determine the down payment and when draws will be made. Be sure the contractor understands the terms.
Hanne Sagalowsky / email@example.com / 214-402-8200 / International Property Specialist