Shelton School Parents’ Association (SPA) held its annual Stampede benefit auction Saturday, March 24th at the Bomb Factory in downtown Dallas. Attendees rocked and rolled the night away with Shelton’s Rock-Solid Education as a theme. The evening included cocktail reception, seated dinner, live and big board auctions, and musical entertainment by Broadway’s Rock of Ages Band.
Honorary event chairs were a group called Shelton World Tour Families comprising 16 couples, all of whom moved to Dallas expressly for their children to attend Shelton. Stampede benefit co-chairs were Shelly Lloyd and Tracy Fletcher. Jennifer Dix and Andrea Nayfa are 2017-18 co-presidents of SPA, which sponsored the event. All are parents of Shelton students.
Live auction highlights included the following:
- Ultimate Super Fan Eagles Package – Tickets for four to hear legendary Eagles, along with James Taylor, at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C, plus guitar signed by Don Henley, gift card toward airfare and hotel
- Dinner Like No Other for 10 at renowned Chef Kent Rathbun’s home – premium wine pairings included
- Four Nights at Five-Star Villa Punto de Vista in Costa Rica – 10 luxury bedrooms, fully staffed, four beaches, a tropical paradise of sapphire and aquamarine
- Custom Texas Exotic Game Hunt for Four – Rugged, serene, breathtaking H5 Trophy Ranch for two nights, guides, lodging, meals
- Luxury Villa in St. Lucia – Six glorious nights in five-bedroom villa (sleeps 10) located above Laborie on Mount de Blanc, majestic Caribbean scenery at its best
- Tropical Paradise for Twelve in Roatán – seven days in two ocean-view penthouses in Roatán Bay, off the dazzling coast of Honduras
- Dinner for Ten prepared by Jeffrey Kollinger, owner Tillman’s Roadhouse and Spice of Life Catering – wine pairings and martini-making challenge included
- JD Miller Art Piece and Reception for 100 – original creation, gallery reception includes wine, bites, and art galore for viewing
- Your Season at Four Seasons Scottsdale, AZ – Retreat for a week with two-bedroom accommodations, Western lore with cosmopolitan culture
- Dallas Cowboys Fan Get-away - exclusive package for three to a Cowboys away game for 2018 season. Includes a ride with the team on the Cowboys charter plane, overnight stay at their hotel, and premier game seats
- Big Tex, You and Ultimate State Fair Experience – be grand master for parade with four on the float, private dinner for 10 at Magnolia Beer Garden, VIP parking spaces, brick with winner’s name at State Fair of Texas entrance
Big board auction items included custom jewelry, home décor, sports tickets and autographed sports memorabilia.
Shelton gratefully acknowledges the event underwriters:
Angela Wommack and Ted Casey
Live Auction ($10,000)
Laura and Tommy Gilbreath
Online Auction ($10,000)
Kim and Jay Brigham
Big Board ($10,000)
Jennifer and Thomas Greenlee
Ben E. Keith Beverages
Park Place Lexus of Plano
Photo Booth ($5,000)
Screenmobile of Dallas
Devra and David Helffrich, Jr.
Wine Pull ($5,000)
Shelton Selfie ($5,000)
Seale Wealth Management
Red Carpet ($5,000)
CD Wealth Management
Mystery Boxes ($5,000)
Priority Table ($5,000)
Boulder Creek Development
Mickie and Jeff Bragalone
Jennifer and Richard Dix
Mary Jane and William Holmes
Melinda and Jeffrey Kollinger
Holly and Brad Reeves
Rachel and Jason Schmidt
Heads and Tails ($3,500)
Pediatric Associates of Dallas
Net proceeds for the event were $420,000. Auction proceeds go toward enhanced curriculum programs and improved facilities, financial aid, and professional development opportunities for faculty and staff.
"Thanks to all who made our evening so fun, festive and successful," says Executive Director Suzannne Stell. "Our event was supported by parents, alumni, board members, faculty and staff, grandparents, sponsors and other friends."