On the first day of National Hispanic Heritage Month, The Concilio, a Dallas nonprofit that builds stronger communities by unlocking opportunities for Latino families, will host its 2022 Big Dreams Gala. The annual fundraiser, scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 15, at On the Levee, will also celebrate The Concilio’s 40th anniversary. Guests will be treated to Latino-inspired cuisine and entertainment during the event presented by Santander.
“Families are the foundation of the Latino community, and the strength of the Latino community is critical to the future of our region,” said Florencia Velasco Fortner, President and CEO of The Concilio. “For 40 years, The Concilio has united the Dallas-Fort Worth community in support of Latino equity. We invite those who want to create a strong future for North Texas to join us for the Big Dreams Gala.”
Doors open at 5:30 p.m., and the event begins at 6:00 p.m. Cocktail attire is suggested. On The Levee is located in the Design District at 1108 Quaker St., Dallas.
Tickets are available for $100 per guest, and sponsorships begin at $1,000. To purchase tickets or become a sponsor, visit www.theconcilio.org.
Families are at the heart of The Concilio’s mission. By connecting them with the information and resources they need to thrive, The Concilio inspires Latino families to achieve big dreams. Highlights of their 2021 achievements include:
- 2,777 parents and children benefited from The Concilio’s Parents Advocating for Student Excellence program, where parents overcame language and cultural barriers to learn about the U.S. education system and how to support their children on a path to higher education.
- 101 parents graduated from The Concilio’s Parents As Leaders program, where they learned how to nurture their children’s language, motor and social-emotional skills, preparing them for kindergarten and a bright future.
- 2,000 families received technology training to help them support their children’s education and communicate in a virtual world
- 922 parents, guardians and children completed The Concilio’s Healthy Kids, Healthy Families program where they learned how to prioritize the health and well-being of their families.
- 17,239 households received accurate information about COVID vaccines
- 250 families avoided eviction thanks to rent and financial assistance
The 2022 Big Dreams sponsors include:
Presenting Sponsor – Santander. Other sponsors include Texas Instruments, Insperity, Oncor Energy, Southwest Airlines, Prosperity Bank and Communities Foundation of Texas.
About The Concilio:
The Concilio is a North Texas nonprofit that has helped Latino families fulfill their potential since 1981. Founded to advance Latino equity and address the needs of the growing Latino population in Dallas-Fort Worth, The Concilio unlocks education, wellness and economic opportunities for Latino and other diverse families through grassroots outreach. The organization’s culturally responsive parent engagement programs have empowered families in 24 regional school districts, equipping 22,000 adults and children annually to forge a path to greater academic achievement, health and fulfilled potential. The nonprofit’s programming now includes financial coaching, crisis intervention, and cultural competency training and education. Most recently, The Concilio, a recognized leader in connecting with and advocating for North Texas Latino families, has addressed the impact of COVID-19 on the Latino community. For information visit www.theconcilio.org.