On April 13 and 14, more than 200 fabulous felines are headed to the Mesquite Convention Center for a weekend of “Kitten, Cats and Cowboy Hats” Cat Show, one of the largest cat shows in the world. Presented by the nonprofit Feline PAW Foundation, this show features the Championship and Household Pet Cat Show, a chance to meet breeders and their cats, vendors and educational talks. A portion of the proceeds will support other feline charities and animal rescue groups.
• 14 rings of continuous judging (seven per day) for Championship & Household Pets including “Bareback” Congress for Championship Cats and Alters and Best in Show “Naked” Kitten Award for the hairless breeds
• Exciting breeds including the Bengal, Sphynx, Devon Rex, Scottish Fold and 20 more
• Many vendors with everything for the cat and the cat lover alike
• Education Ring with an opportunity to meet individual breeds up close and personal
• Several humane societies with kittens/cats available for adoption on site
• Special judging for youth exhibitors
• More than 200 beautiful show cats from around the world on exhibition
For those interested in showing their cats, advanced registration is required. Visit https://www.felinepaw.net/ and look under “Cat Show Info.”
Michelle Richards, president of Feline PAW Foundation, said, “We welcome children and adults to meet many breeds of cats. There will be breeders, exhibitors, judges and even veterinarians available to explain about all the different breeds and answer all your questions about the cats. Plus, if you want to adopt a feline, this is the perfect opportunity to meet them in person.”
The Mesquite Convention Center is located at 1700 Rodeo Drive, Mesquite, TX 75149. The hours are Saturday, April 13, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday, April 14, 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 for adults 18 and up, $5 for seniors 60 and up, $5 for children 7-17, and free for children under 7.
Feline PAW Foundation is a nonprofit that exists to promote the health and wellness of feline friends. PAW stands for Prevention, Awareness and Wellness. In addition to cat shows, Feline PAW volunteers to socialize cats in shelters. For more information, visit https://www.felinepaw.net/, https://www.facebook.com/felinepawfoundation/?ref=br_rs, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 469.629.9776.