Back to Cleaning Basics
THE MAIDSâ offers tips for cleaning like mom.
The Maids of Dallas/Fort Worth would like you to know you can undoubtedly find a product for virtually every cleaning need. Sometimes, however, the simplest methods are still best. Dig through your pantry and embrace your inner naturalist with the following solutions from the cleaning experts at THE MAIDS, a residential cleaning service.
Reach for the vinegar instead of the bleach.
- A simple yet effective surface cleaner can be concocted by pouring equal parts white vinegar and water into a spray bottle. Not to worry, once dry, the only thing you’ll smell is clean.
- Remove odors from your home by simmering vinegar on the stove for 30 minutes.
- Add ½ a cup of vinegar to your laundry’s rinse cycle to help break down laundry detergent – great for family members with skin sensitivities. It also naturally softens your clothes.
Stock up on lemons during your next outing to the grocery store.
- Run a cut lemon half over chrome faucets, then buff it for instant shine.
- Sprinkle baking soda on the surface of the other half to scrub away stains.
- Grind a lemon half through the garbage disposal to freshen.
Baking soda is a wonder cleaner.
- Like vinegar, baking soda is non-toxic, multi-purpose and inexpensive. Use baking soda as a safe, natural scrubber rather than bleach-based abrasive cleansers.
- Absorb odors from the refrigerator and freezer by placing a box inside.
- Avoid clogged drains by pouring ¼ cup of baking soda down the drain and following with one full cup of white vinegar. Do this weekly for the best results.
About The Maids:
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (www.maids.com) for more information.