After a three-year hiatus, tickets are now available for Dallas Boat Show, where event organizers are bringing the boats back to Dallas Market Hall from July 20th through 23rd. Energized with more boating experts, fun immersive experiences, contests and offers, endless water accessories, and of course….BOATS, the event is poised to be one of the best events of the summer in DFW. “While we are so excited to welcome the thousands of boating enthusiasts through our doors this year, we always want to impress the importance of responsible and safe boating as paramount to enjoying Life on the Water,” says Bron Beal, Executive Director of The Dallas Boat Show.
“With more boaters on the water than ever before, one of the most important ways to keep this pastime fun and safe for everyone is by observing these key boating safety reminders from the Safe Boating Campaign,” says Beal.
The National Safe Boating Council recommends these tips for boaters:
- Take a boating safety course. Gain valuable knowledge and on-water experience in a boating safety course with many options for novice to experienced boaters.
- Check equipment. Schedule a free vessel safety check with the local U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary or U.S. Power Squadrons to make sure all essential equipment is present, working, and in good condition.
- Make a float plan. Always let someone on shore know the trip itinerary, including operator and passenger information, boat type and registration, and communication equipment on board before you leave the dock.
- Wear a life jacket. Make sure everyone wears a life jacket – every time. A stowed life jacket is of no use in an emergency.
- Use an engine cut-off switch – it’s the law. An engine cut-off switch is a proven safety device to stop a powerboat engine should the operator unexpectedly fall overboard.
- Watch the weather. Always check the forecast before departing on the water and frequently during the excursion.
- Know what’s going on around you at all times. Nearly a quarter of all reported boating incidents in 2022 were caused by operator inattention or improper lookout.
- Know where you’re going and travel at safe speeds. Be familiar with the area, local boating speed zones, and always travel at a safe speed.
- Never boat under the influence. A BUI is involved in one-third of all recreational boating fatalities. Always designate a sober skipper.
- Keep in touch. Have more than one communication device that works when wet. VHF radios, emergency locator beacons, satellite phones, and cell phones can all be important devices in an emergency.
The Summer Boat Expo is the ultimate "Party off the Lake" for boating enthusiasts, boat owners, soon-to-be boat owners, and those who live the recreational boating lifestyle. Returning this year is the vast collection of the latest models of marine accessories and boats, from runabouts and family cruisers to fishing boats, ski boats, pontoons, and sailboats all in one place. The Dallas Boat Show gives the unique opportunity to shop and compare different brands as well as score deals on cool items from vendors who make it easy to find everything that families need to make time on the water even better. With free, convenient parking, the Dallas Boat Show is a nautical dream event for avid boaters and fun-seekers alike.
DALLAS BOAT SHOW DETAILS
When: Thursday- Sunday, July 20-23, 2023
Where: Dallas Market Hall, 2200 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas 75207
Thursday, July 20, 2023, 3-8 pm
Friday, July 21, 2023, 12-8 pm
Saturday, July 22, 2023, 10 am- 8 pm
Sunday, July 23, 2023, 10 am -5 pm
Cost & Ticket Information:
Tickets are currently available at https://dallasboatexpo.com/
Children (ages 5-13): $6
Children under 5: Free
Parking is free of charge
Boating Dealers include:
Plano Marine, Whittle Boats, Carey and Sons Marine, NXTLVL Eagle Marine, Buxton Marine, Tommy's Lewisville, MarineMax Dallas, North Texas Marine, Eisenhower Yacht Club, Ridenow Powersports, Action Watersports, Loe Marine, Texas Toy Sakes, Massimo Marine, Legend Marine, Lighthouse Resort and Marine Mariner Sails
Social Media Handles:
• Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dallasboatshow
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/dallas_boatshow
• Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dallasboatshow/
About The Dallas Boat Show:
The Dallas Boat Show attracts thousands of attendees and hosts hundreds of exhibitors, dealers and manufacturers at the large-scale event that features personal watercraft, fishing boats, ski boats, pontoons, and sailboats plus an extensive selection of marine equipment, services, and accessories for boaters. The Dallas Boat Show also plays host to community organizations, media partners, and local vendors throughout the four-day event.
For more information about the Dallas Boat Show which runs from July 20-23, 2023 at Dallas Market Hall, go to www.dallasboatexpo.com