Operation Kindness Celebrates the 25th Annual Dog Day Afternoon
Dog Day Afternoon Free Family Event
Calling all furry friends and their owners to attend the 25th annual Dog Day Afternoon presented byOperation Kindness – North Texas’ original and largest no-kill animal shelter – and sponsored by Pet Supplies Plus. Considered the most anticipated festival of the summer for dog lovers, this free event will be held Saturday, Sept. 8, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Operation Kindness Animal shelter located at 3201 Earhart Drive in Carrollton.
Joining the lineup of festivities and to celebrate this momentous occasion, nationally renowned Animal Communicator and Intuitive Coach Sandra Larson will make a special appearance. Highlights of the 2018 Dog Day Afternoon will also include:
- A “Mutt Midway” with dozens of vendors and food trucks - the first 100 dogs in attendance will be eligible to receive FREE microchipping by Operation Kindness staff
- Low cost pet vaccinations will be offered, as well as demonstrations on Pet CPR technique and Pet First Aid
- All dogs present can also participate in a variety of Canine Contests such as “Best Costume,” “Best Stupid Pet Trick” and “Best Pooch Smooch”
- “Prize Wheel” and “Puppy Kissing Booth”
- “Pet CPR and First Aid” demonstrations
- “Unicorn Photo Opportunities” compliments of Air Ponies
- “Face Painting”
- DJ music – owners and their pups can bust their best moves together
“Dog Day Afternoon was created as a way to celebrate the bond between dogs and their owners, and to provide a free, fun event for the community to get to know us,” said Jim Hanophy, CEO of Operation Kindness. “This year we’re celebrating the event’s 25th anniversary and are so proud it has become the biggest dog party in town.”
Created in 1993 the purpose of Dog Day Afternoon was to recognize dog supporters, adopters and advocates in Dallas-Fort Worth and continues to raise awareness for Operation Kindness’ mission in finding loving homes for homeless pets while caring for them in a safe, no-kill environment.
About Operation Kindness
Founded in 1976, Operation Kindness is the original and largest no-kill shelter in North Texas. Its mission is to care for homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill environment until each is adopted into responsible homes and to advocate humane values and behavior. In the 40-plus years since their inception, Operation Kindness has saved more than 100,000 animals. Annually the shelter assists more than 5,000 dogs and cats, caring for an average of 300 animals daily with another 100-150 animals in foster homes.