Operation Kindness – the original and largest no-kill shelter in North Texas – is teaming up with North Shore Animal League America and more than 100 shelter partners across the country to celebrate Hallmark Channel’s Kitten Bowl IV game airing on SuperPURR Bowl Sunday at 11 a.m. Central on Hallmark Channel.
In preparation for the big game, Operation Kindness wants to help find forever homes for cats and kittens by offering cat care starter kits with all cat and kitten adoptions made on Saturday, February 4 and Sunday, February 5. Operation Kindness will host a special pre-game “tail”gate featuring a musical performance by members of the Dallas Symphony Orchestra beginning on Saturday, February 4 at 12:30 p.m. in the lobby of the no-kill shelter located at 3201 Earhart Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006. On Sunday, February 5, adopters will have an opportunity to meet with Lana Fraley Rich the Catsultant to answer adopter’s questions about cat behaviors and provide tips about adoption.
Adoption fees are $135 for cats and kittens. For each adoption of a cat or kitten, adopters will receive:
- Adoption counseling to help the adopter select the cat best suited to his/her needs, family and home environment
- Pet care and educational materials
- Temporary carrier for cats
- Operation Kindness tag with animal ID
- Microchip ID and registration
- Rabies tag for animals over four months of age
- Cat care starter kit with scratching pad, 30-pound bag of Fresh Step kitten litter and cat toys
- Spay or neuter surgery (if not previously done due to young age or medical reason)
- Coupon for 25 percent off entire purchase at Pets Supplies Plus
To adopt an animal from Operation Kindness, you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a valid, government-issued photo ID with your current address on it
- Be able to verify that you can have a pet where you live
The Kitten Bowl is the greatest feline football showdown in cable television history and has resulted in more than 1,800 adoptions nationwide over the past three years. The competition will be hosted by North Shore Animal League America’s volunteer, foster mom and national spokesperson Beth Stern, who will be joined by Peabody Award-winning reporter Mary Carillo, the voice of the New York Yankees John Sterling, and four-time Pro Bowl quarterback and Feline Football League Commissioner (FFL) Boomer Esiason to capture every adorable moment of fleet-footed, fur-flying kitten playoff. Kitten Bowl IV will premiere Su-PURR Bowl Sunday, Feb. 5, 2017, 11 a.m. CST, on Hallmark Channel.
All of the players in the actual Kitten Bowl competition have found loving homes through Hallmark Channel’s partnership with North Shore Animal League America – the world’s largest no-kill, rescue and animal adoption organization. However, there are plenty of fabulous felines available at Operation Kindness waiting to find their new, loving homes.