Operation Kindness, the original and largest no-kill animal shelter in North Texas — wants North Texans to bring home furry friends this summer by offering a special weekly opportunity: the first five adopters on Fridays will receive $50 off the adoption fee. Beginning May 19, 2017 through July 28, 2017 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 3201 Earhart Drive, Carrollton, TX 75006 Adoption fees are regularly $135 for cats/kittens and $185 for dogs/puppies (discount not included).
With the adoption of every animal, adopters receive:
· Adoption counseling to help the adopter select the pet best suited to his/her needs, family and home environment
· Pet care and educational materials
· Temporary carrier for cats
· Operation Kindness tag with animal ID
· Microchip ID and registration
· Rabies tag for animals over 4 months of age
· Pet care starter kit with food samples and helpful information
· Spay or neuter surgery (if not previously done due to young age or medical reason)
· Coupon for 25 percent off entire purchase at Pets Supplies Plus
In order to adopt an animal from Operation Kindness, you must:
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Have a valid, government-issued photo ID with your current address on it
· Be able to verify that you can have a pet where you live
To find out more information about pet adoption and to discover pets currently seeking forever homes, please visit www.operationkindness.org.
Founded in 1976, Operation Kindness is the original and largest no-kill shelter in North Texas. Its mission is to care for homeless cats and dogs in a no-kill environment until each is adopted into responsible homes and to advocate humane values and behavior. In 2016, Operation Kindness celebrated their 40th anniversary and their achievement of saving more than 90,000 animals since their inception. Annually the shelter assists more than 5,000 dogs and cats, caring for an average of 300 animals daily with another 100-150 animals in foster homes.