HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division and Solis Mammography, a specialized provider of mammography and imaging services, have entered into a joint venture agreement to make breast health diagnostic services more accessible and convenient across the greater Houston region. The collaboration will result in 16 local sites by the end of 2018, including the Oct. 2 grand opening of a new dedicated breast health center at HCA-affiliated The Woman’s Hospital of Texas.
The collaboration builds on the success of a three-year partnership between Medical City Healthcare (HCA’s North Texas Division) and Solis Mammography at more than a dozen centers in the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.
“Understanding the critical importance of preventative screening to overall breast health, we know early detection through high-quality screening is key. We also know that offering easy access, convenient locations, and patient-centric services makes it easier for women to get the preventative care that offers the best possible options for treatment, minimizing the stress, cost, and risks that come with later stage diagnosis,” said Dr. Stephen Nesbit, HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division chief medical officer.
The partnership kicks off with three existing locations located in Northwest Houston, Katy and Sugar Land and the opening of the new center in the newly refurbished One Fannin Center located next to The Woman’s Hospital of Texas, 7400 Fannin St., Ste. 100. The new space offers more than 6,000 square feet of breast screening and diagnostic 3-D mammography computer-aided detection, breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, ultrasound-guided biopsy, breast MRI, and bone density scanning – all in an environment uniquely designed to promote patient relaxation and peace of mind. Solis Mammography’s research-based brand promise is centered on comfort, convenience, and ease, so that women are more likely to prioritize scheduling annual screening mammography to promote and preserve breast health.
“Solis Mammography and HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division share a common goal to provide high-quality, patient-focused care to the women in the greater Houston area,” said Troy Villarreal, HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division CEO. “Together, we will bring a heightened breast health focus to the communities we serve as well as peace of mind that comes from having an exceptional experience.”
Providing radiologist coverage for the centers in the region will be Woman’s Radiology Associates and Rose Imaging Specialists, both under the direction of Solis Chief Medical Officer Dr. Stephen Rose. “I am excited to extend our commitment to clinical excellence in 3D mammography to more women and more locations across the Houston region,” said Rose. “From my own practice, I’ve seen dramatic improvement in early detection and reduced recalls from 3D – providing greater patient care for the women we serve.”
In total, Solis Mammography serves more than 600,000 patients each year. Their patient-centric commitment begins the moment a woman decides to schedule her appointment, and continues through her in-center experience, results, and billing. At every step, dedication to the patient experience is treated with the same respect and priority as clinical accuracy.
Through the new partnership, Houston-area women will have greater access to upgraded technology, research-based clinical protocols, convenient locations, and an enhanced center experience, including:
- Seamless continuum of care through The Woman’s Hospital of Texas and HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division facilities, if treatment is needed beyond screening and diagnostic imaging;
- Exceptional clinical accuracy that comes from a dedicated focus on breast specialization (a practice shown to dramatically increase the accuracy of a mammogram);
- The most advanced technology available, including 3-D mammography (also known as digital breast tomosynthesis), scheduling software, and data management;
- Warm and welcoming breast imaging centers with decor, music, artwork and aesthetics designed for today’s female consumer; easier ability to book appointments through real-time, 24/7 access to online scheduling;
- Improved patient conveniences, like ease of center access, convenient locations, free parking, valet parking, tablet registration, complimentary Wi-Fi, and quick turnaround time in the center – typically less than 30 to 40 minutes; fast, exceptionally accurate results by email within 24-48 hours of the visit.
“Solis Mammography began in Texas over 30 years ago, and we’re excited to expand our partnership with HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. Our mission is to provide an exceptional experience with exceptionally accurate results,” said James Polfreman, CEO and president of Solis Mammography. “Through this quality-focused, patient-centric collaboration, we’ll bring unparalleled, breast-dedicated care to local communities across the greater Houston area.”