iReporter

Reflections & Predictions Looking back and looking forward is something we all do this time of year. For me, 2014 was busy and productive – and I can’t lie,...
Oso Food and Wine opened last month in Preston Forest Shopping Center in the space formerly occupied by Prego Italian Express. Two experienced restaurateurs...
Dr. Nikki Porteus – Guest Contributor
Dec 29 2014
Believe it, or not, the Paleo Diet concept has been around since the mid-1970's. It was introduced by gastroenterologist, Walter L. Voegtlin, who used it to...
On Christmas Day 2010, my mother died. Shortly after, I came across this quote: "The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss...
Chances are that someone in your circle will have a problem with dairy, gluten, wheat, eggs, soya or a some other food intolerance or allergy. So what...
With the holidays come family gatherings, parties and delicious home-cooked feasts. This is also the time of year when Dallas Water Utilities (DWU) sees the...
It seems we are always talking about food in the office, and was I stunned when Brady mentioned having a crockpot recipe for a Maid-Rite sandwich. Maid-Rite...
Dr. Nikki Porteus – Guest Contributor
Dec 15 2014
With 2015 approaching quickly, many people are starting to think about resolutions and healthy changes they'd like to make for the new year. Here are some...
Lynn Dickinson – Guest Contributor
Nov 15 2014
One of my favorite restaurants around town is East Hampton Sandwich Company in Snider Plaza. To me, there is nothing better than a great sandwich, and East...
Gus Melios, one of the four owners of Melios Bros. Char Bar on Greenville Ave. was recently quoted as saying, “I cook the best breakfast in Dallas .” I...